How do I apply for a loan?
Members can apply for a loan in a variety of different ways:
- In person at our offices beside Fortunestown Shopping Centre. You can apply at any time during our normal opening hours.
- By phone at 4510811 (select option 1). We can take information over phone, however an application cannot be fully processed until you provide supporting documents and sign the application.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org (and a copy to email@example.com)
- Complete the Loan Application Form from our Downloads section and drop into our office together with all other requirements.
- Please note: Members are asked to apply for and collect Loans at least 30 minutes before the end of business each day to allow enough time to process the application.
Why is a Credit Union loan better?
- Almost all Loans are covered by free Loan Protection life insurance.
- No hidden fees or transaction charges.
- Repayments are calculated on the reducing balance of the loan.
- Repayment terms to suit the member’s particular circumstances.
- Flexibility – you can repay the loan earlier or make larger repayments than agreed with no penalty.
- Payments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Tallaght West Credit Union is a member of the Central Credit Register (CCR) & the Irish Credit Bureau (ICB), therefore we will be carrying out a check on all loan applicants and the repayment record on your loan with Tallaght West will be given to the CCR & ICB. It is important, therefore, that members adhere to their Credit Agreement as failure to do so may hinder your ability to borrow in the future.
Warning: If you do not keep making the agreed payments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This will affect your credit rating, and may affect your ability to access credit in future.